Tag Archives: Wire Act
- On the DoJ, Poker Hysteria, and the Enduring Importance of the well-placed Comma
January 4, 2012
CalvinAyre.com's resident legal eagle Alfred Denning gives his views on the recent Department of Justice opinion on the Wire Act.
- DoJ Wire Act reversal won’t add long term shareholder value for public co’s
January 3, 2012
Calvin Ayre suggests that access to the US market is unlikely to add long-term value for shareholders in public online gaming companies
- AGA ramps up disinformation campaign on DoJ Wire Act reversal
December 30, 2011
The American Gaming Association disingenuously claims DoJ reversal on Wire Act stance has created 'confusion' in gambling industry.
- What the DOJ’s reversal on the Wire Act really means. (Answer: The Barton Bill)
Lawyer and poker enthusiast K. Preston Oade J.D. submitted his legal analysis of what the DOJ's Christmas Eve reversal really means.
- DoJ Wire Act reversal could be reversed by future administrations
December 29, 2011
The US DoJ pre-Christmas reversal on the Wire Act could be reversed by future presidential administrations unless codified into law.
- States scramble to make online gambling plans following DoJ Wire Act reversal
December 28, 2011
States scramble to make online gambling plans following US Department of Justice's pre-Christmas reversal on Wire Act stance.
Charges dropped against Calvin Ayre, Bodog and friends
July 14, 2017
Sheldon Adelson’s Money Gets Anti Gambling Bill to Congress
March 27, 2014
Nevada casinos see profit surge, first female gaming board chair
January 15, 2018