Tag Archives: Wire Act
- US DOJ crosses fingers, claims Wire Act doesn’t impact lotteries
9 April 2019
The US Department of Justice tries to claim that its new opinion on the scope of the Wire Act doesn't negatively impact state lotteries.
- The Mouthpiece: Digging up the truth on internet gambling law
1 April 2019
Online gambling's legal status has no connection to a reasonable policy or even shared basis of fact. So what drives online gaming to be legalized (or not)?
- US DOJ unlikely to reverse its opinion on the Wire Act
25 March 2019
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has filed a memorandum in a request to dismiss New Hampshire's wire act lawsuit.
- Powerball jackpot reaches $625M, but days could be numbered
22 March 2019
The latest edition of one of the largest lotteries in the U.S., the Powerball, saw its jackpot jump to about $625 million after no one had selected the six winning numbers.
- Lawsuit against DOJ over Wire Act gains more traction
11 March 2019
The controvesial news about U.S. Federal Wire Act and the DOJ haven't backpedaled yet and it's about to be blown off in spectacular fashion.
- Dept. of Justice delays Wire Act enforcement until mid-June
2 March 2019
The US Department of Justice confirms that it's extending the deadline for enforcing its new Wire Act opinion by another 60 days until mid-June.
Pennsylvania becomes fourth US state to approve online gambling
26 October 2017
US DOJ reverses its 2011 opinion on scope of Wire Act
15 January 2019