Tag Archives: Wire Act
- New Hampshire could sue the US over Wire Act
February 13, 2019
As the U.S. gambling industry still reacts to the Wire Act, many jurisdictions in the space are already looking to stop the DOJ in its tracks.
- Attorneys-general, state lotteries protest DOJ’s Wire Act rethink
February 6, 2019
Attorneys-general of New Jersey and Pennsylvania file request for documents relating to Department of Justice's new opinion on the scope of the Wire Act.
- Pennsylvania warns online gambling licensees to comply with new Wire Act opinion
January 19, 2019
Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board instructs its online gambling licensees to ensure their operations comply with the DOJ's new Wire Act opinion.
- Prosecuting under the updated U.S. Federal Wire Act won’t be easy
January 18, 2019
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) recently decided to change course on its position of the Federal Wire Act.
- The Mouthpiece: The DOJ effort to restore a past that never was
January 17, 2019
So what has the OLC opinion actually done to the status of Internet and interactive gaming in the USA? That very much remains to be seen.
- US Wire Act muddle creates crypto gambling opportunities
The US Department of Justice's latest rethink of the scope of the Wire Act creates new opportunities for crypto-friendly gambling sites.
Charges dropped against Calvin Ayre, Bodog and friends
July 14, 2017
US says North Korea culprit behind Bangladeshi bank heist
March 23, 2017