Tag Archives: Wire Act
- Federal judge strikes down DOJ’s new opinion on scope of Wire Act
4 June 2019
Federal judge rejects US Department of Justice's opinion that the 1961 Wire Act applies to nearly all forms of online gambling, not just sports betting.
- Ohio, Nevada look to avoid a confrontation with DOJ
22 May 2019
Both Ohio and Nevada are rewriting their respective legislation to change how online gambling is worded in hopes that this could stave off any DOJ attack.
- New Jersey AG sues DOJ over possible Adelson-Wire Act links
7 May 2019
New Jersey's Attorney General sues the US Department of Justice for defying request for documents relating to latest Wire Act opinion.
- Federal judge wants clarity from DOJ on Wire Act opinion
26 April 2019
Growing tired of their back and forth story, a federal judge wants the DOJ to step up with a new opinion, because there’s a lot on the line.
- The Mouthpiece: Calling DOJ’s bluff on Internet gambling
18 April 2019
The DOJ is at it again, but this time it's not even déjà vu. The weight of the law is more heavily against the everything-is-illegal approach than before.
- Pennsylvania online gambling market to launch July 15
17 April 2019
Pennsylvania's regulated online gambling market will officially launch on July 15, while digital sports betting is expected to start within weeks.
Pennsylvania becomes fourth US state to approve online gambling
26 October 2017
US DOJ reverses its 2011 opinion on scope of Wire Act
15 January 2019
Mohegan Sun Pocono fined $1m; PA’s satellite casinos a hard sell
14 December 2017