Tag Archives: Wire Act
- Pennsylvania’s online gambling stats; DOJ appealing Wire Act ruling
August 16, 2019
Pennsylvania releases its first online gambling revenue numbers; US Department of Justice challenges federal court ruling on scope of Wire Act.
- Mark Hichar: Wire Act still an open issue in America
July 23, 2019
Mark Hichar is an expert on the Wire Act and he joined us to share his views on the topic.
- DOJ comes close to losing funding over its Wire Act act
June 21, 2019
The shenanigans of the Department of Justice over the Federal Wire Act of 1961 has wreaked havoc on the online gambling industry.
- DOJ delays expanded Wire Act opinion enforcement to 2020
June 13, 2019
US Department of Justice extends the 'grace period' for enforcing its new expanded opinion of the Wire Act to December 31, 2019.
- Wire Act fears delay DraftKings’ West Virginia mobile betting app
June 6, 2019
Server location and compliance with Wire Act to blame for delays in DraftKings launching its West Virginia mobile sports betting app.
- Federal judge strikes down DOJ’s new opinion on scope of Wire Act
June 4, 2019
Federal judge rejects US Department of Justice's opinion that the 1961 Wire Act applies to nearly all forms of online gambling, not just sports betting.
Charges dropped against Calvin Ayre, Bodog and friends
July 14, 2017
US DOJ reverses its 2011 opinion on scope of Wire Act
January 15, 2019
BLACK FRIDAY ONLINE POKER INDICTMENTS — LATEST UPDATES
April 16, 2011