Tag Archives: Western Australia
- Western Australia finally pulling trigger on TAB betting sale
October 9, 2018
The state of Western Australia says it's finally moving forward with plans to privatize TAB betting operations, promises major racing handouts.
- Western Australia to fine online lottery betting customers $2,500
September 19, 2018
Western Australia introduces legislation to impose $2,500 fines on customers of online lottery betting operators; online in-play betting ban rethink?
- Australian online bookies face new taxes, bonus restrictions
September 8, 2017
Western Australia to impose a 15% online betting point of consumption tax; state and federal ministers agree on new bonus offer restrictions.
- Western Australia to put up state-owned TAB for sale
February 16, 2016
Australia's last state-owned betting agency would be put up for sale as Tatts and Tabcorp prepare to battle for the potential $1b deal.
- Sportsbet, TAB top Australian betting survey; ACTAB for sale; TAB WA rebrands
September 28, 2013
Australian sports betting survey finds Sportsbet, TAB top brands, while William Hill's brands fare poorly; ACTAB for sale, TAB WA rebrands.
- Packers casino backed by $20M State deal
July 19, 2010
Western Australia has backed James Packer’s bid to install 250 more gaming machines and 50 more table games in Perth’s Burswood casino.
James Packer folds up Japan integrated resort plans
October 23, 2017
Crown Resorts sell Vegas vacant lot to Wynn Resorts for $300m
December 14, 2017
James Packer quits Crown Resorts—again
March 21, 2018
James Packer abandons Las Vegas casino dream
May 22, 2017