Tag Archives: VPN
- Russia’s new virtual private network restrictions take effect
November 1, 2017
Russia's new law restricting the use of virtual private networks (VPN) takes effect on November 1 in latest clampdown on accessing forbidden sites.
- Russia blocks Google over online gambling redirect
June 23, 2017
Russia temporarily blocks access to Google.ru domain due to one of the search engine's pages redirecting to a banned online gambling domain.
- China launches new crackdown on VPN use
January 24, 2017
China launches new 14-month campaign to "clean up" the internet, including requiring virtual private network services to register with the government.
- BettingExpert exit Russia; did Opera’s built-in VPN rile censors?
November 24, 2016
Sports betting affiliate BettingExpert exit Russian market, as do makers of Opera browser after being asked to filter unauthorized websites.
- Architect of China’s Great Firewall a closet VPN fan but new crackdown looms
April 8, 2016
Architect of China's 'great firewall' is a closet fan of virtual private networks but new internet restrictions look to end the VPN party.
- China’s cyberpolice cancelling mobile service for using virtual private networks
November 27, 2015
Residents of China's Xinjiang region who used VPNs have mobile service cancelled, must visit local cyberpolice before being reconnected.
AGTech inks online lottery deal with China’s Alipay
March 24, 2017
BTC China extends bitcoin withdrawal freeze into March
February 17, 2017
China only pretending to fight bitcoin
September 12, 2017