Tag Archives: VISA
- Why bitcoin poses a huge challenge to Visa’s supremacy
April 19, 2017
Contrary to popular belief, the costs to compete with the so-called established behemoths—ahem Visa—are within any bitcoin miner or company’s reach.
- Visa embraces blockchain, dodges bitcoin—for now
April 11, 2017
Instead of cutting out the middlemen, blockchain may soon empower financial services giants like Visa and MasterCard to do business cheaper and faster.
- US-facing betting sites dealing with new credit card crackdown
October 31, 2016
Payment processors that handle business for US-facing gambling sites report receiving warning notices from credit card giant Visa.
- New Jersey online gambling revenue up 5%, Tropicana eyes Borgata’s casino crown
September 12, 2014
New Jersey's online gambling sites earn $10.5m in August as Tropicana threatens to dethrone Borgata-Bwin.party as top casino site.
- Credit card issuers thread online gambling carefully
November 19, 2013
A number of credit card issuers have yet to allow online gambling transactions including Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and American Express.
- VISA announces that not all online gambling is created equal
May 19, 2013
Credit card giant VISA issues guidance saying it can now tell the difference between legal and illegal online gambling transactions.
Sheldon Adelson’s Money Gets Anti Gambling Bill to Congress
March 27, 2014
Why bitcoin poses a huge challenge to Visa’s supremacy
April 19, 2017
Dealer’s Choice: Brother, Can You Spare A Bitcoin?
November 16, 2012