Tag Archives: virtual private networks
- Russia adds more names to online gambling payment blacklist
8 July 2019
Russia's Federal Tax Service adds 16 names to online gambling payment processing blacklist, while considering new punishments for Google and VPN providers.
- Russia to punish VPN ops that refuse to block forbidden sites
10 June 2019
Russia's telecom watchdog has given nine virtual private network operators 30 days in which to block access to forbidden sites or face the consequences.
- Russia-licensed Bwin betting site talking tie-up with Parimatch
29 March 2019
The Russian-licensed Bwin.ru online betting joint venture is reportedly discussing a possible tie-up with fellow Russian online bookmaker Parimatch.
- Swiss lottery, betting sales fall in 2017 while VPN use surges
21 August 2018
Switzerland's lottery and betting turnover suffered declines in 2017, while the use of virtual private networks has surged since online referendum.
- Russia’s new virtual private network restrictions take effect
1 November 2017
Russia's new law restricting the use of virtual private networks (VPN) takes effect on November 1 in latest clampdown on accessing forbidden sites.
- China reports first conviction under new VPN crackdown
6 September 2017
A Chinese man has become the first to be convicted under the country's new crackdown on virtual private networks used to evade the 'great firewall.'
Sihanoukville casino boom draws mixed reactions in Cambodia
22 February 2018
BTC China extends bitcoin withdrawal freeze into March
17 February 2017
William Hill exits China, loses Jimmy Vaccaro to South Point
18 August 2013
China mulls legalized gambling on cash-strapped Hainan Island
2 February 2018