Tag Archives: virtual private networks
- Russia’s new virtual private network restrictions take effect
November 1, 2017
Russia's new law restricting the use of virtual private networks (VPN) takes effect on November 1 in latest clampdown on accessing forbidden sites.
- China reports first conviction under new VPN crackdown
September 6, 2017
A Chinese man has become the first to be convicted under the country's new crackdown on virtual private networks used to evade the 'great firewall.'
- China adds more digital bricks to its ‘great firewall’
July 11, 2017
Beijing adds more digital bricks to China's 'great firewall' as state-run telecoms are ordered to block virtual private network access by February 1, 2018.
- Russia blocks Google over online gambling redirect
June 23, 2017
Russia temporarily blocks access to Google.ru domain due to one of the search engine's pages redirecting to a banned online gambling domain.
- Russia targets VPNs for allowing access to banned domains
April 21, 2017
Russia's telecom watchdog puts pressure on virtual private network services to block access to blacklisted domains, including thousands of gambling sites.
- China launches new crackdown on VPN use
January 24, 2017
China launches new 14-month campaign to "clean up" the internet, including requiring virtual private network services to register with the government.
AGTech inks online lottery deal with China’s Alipay
March 24, 2017
BTC China extends bitcoin withdrawal freeze into March
February 17, 2017
China only pretending to fight bitcoin
September 12, 2017