Tag Archives: virtual private networks
- Swiss lottery, betting sales fall in 2017 while VPN use surges
August 21, 2018
Switzerland's lottery and betting turnover suffered declines in 2017, while the use of virtual private networks has surged since online referendum.
- Russia’s new virtual private network restrictions take effect
November 1, 2017
Russia's new law restricting the use of virtual private networks (VPN) takes effect on November 1 in latest clampdown on accessing forbidden sites.
- China reports first conviction under new VPN crackdown
September 6, 2017
A Chinese man has become the first to be convicted under the country's new crackdown on virtual private networks used to evade the 'great firewall.'
- China adds more digital bricks to its ‘great firewall’
July 11, 2017
Beijing adds more digital bricks to China's 'great firewall' as state-run telecoms are ordered to block virtual private network access by February 1, 2018.
- Russia blocks Google over online gambling redirect
June 23, 2017
Russia temporarily blocks access to Google.ru domain due to one of the search engine's pages redirecting to a banned online gambling domain.
- Russia targets VPNs for allowing access to banned domains
April 21, 2017
Russia's telecom watchdog puts pressure on virtual private network services to block access to blacklisted domains, including thousands of gambling sites.
Russia to restrict Bitcoin sales to “qualified investors”
August 28, 2017
Cyborgs unite: Bio implants paving the way for bitcoin payments
September 14, 2016
Tigre de Cristal plans black-tie shindig for second anniversary
October 4, 2017