Tag Archives: Victoria
- Aussie bookies hit with 8% point of consumption tax in Victoria
September 21, 2018
The Australian state of Victoria approves legislation imposing 8% tax on online sports betting revenue derived from state punters.
- Aussie municipal councils back pokie bet curbs in Victoria
July 24, 2018
Eighteen municipal councils in Australia have prodded the government of Victoria to slash the maximum bets on the state’s 27,000 pokies from AUD5 to AUD1.
- Tabcorp biggest winner in Victoria’s softer point-of-consumption tax—analysts
May 16, 2018
Tabcorp hit the jackpot in Victoria when the state decided to impose a lower point-of-consumption tax, according to several financial analysts.
- Australia’s online bookies score tax victory in Victoria
May 14, 2018
Australia-facing online betting firms have found refuge in Victoria after most of the states in the land down under agreed to impose a punitive 15% tax.
- ‘Sneaky’ tax may see Aussie state raking $110M from online gambling
May 12, 2017
The government of Victoria, a state in southeast Australia, is gearing up to take a slice of the online gambling pie.
- Racing Victoria latest to force bookies to observe minimum bet limits
September 6, 2016
Racing Victoria says licensed bookies must honor new minimum bet limits by October 1 or face unspecified penalties.
Australian online bookie Neds launch Bitcoin betting platform
February 2, 2018
Online bookmaker Pinnacle cuts off Australian customers
March 12, 2018