Tag Archives: vasil bozhkov
- Bulgaria shuts down Eurofootball over unpaid gambling taxes
25 March 2020
Bulgaria's State Gambling Commission announces suspension of Eurofootball Ltd license over alleged failure to pay US$182m in gambling taxes.
- Bulgaria’s new private lottery ban forces Lafka retail chain to close
24 February 2020
Bulgaria's new law banning private lotteries takes effect, prompting retail kiosk chain Lafka Market to close, claiming its operations no longer profitable.
- Bulgaria’s gambling regulators face organized crime charges
11 February 2020
Two former members of Bulgaria's State Commission on Gambling face organized crime charges in relation to fugitive gambling boss Vasil Bozhkov.
- Bulgaria rejigs gambling regulator as Bozhkov arrested in UAE
3 February 2020
Bulgaria appoints new chairman and four new directors of gambling regulatory body; Vasil Bozhkov arrested in UAE after last week's indictment.
- Bulgaria charges gambling titan Bozhkov with extortion, bribery
29 January 2020
Bulgaria files charges of extortion, bribery and incitement to commit criminal offences against Vasil Bozhkov, the country's largest private gambling operator.
PokerStars wins Portugal online poker, casino license
28 November 2016