Tag Archives: Uganda
- Uganda gambling age restrictions; SportPesa’s Kenya $103m tax bill
February 25, 2019
Uganda intros new age and identity rules for gambling operators, while Kenya's taxman demands $103m in back taxes from SportPesa.
- Uganda says anti-gambling policy only applies to foreign firms
January 23, 2019
Uganda’s finance minister says the government’s new anti-gambling policy is only directed at foreign betting operators.
- Uganda to halt new gambling licenses, let existing ones expire
January 21, 2019
Uganda's finance minister claims the government won't issue any new gambling or betting licenses, won't renew existing licenses once they expire.
- Uganda gamblers need to register so gov’t can monitor activity
May 30, 2018
The National Gambling Board Uganda announces plans for a central monitoring system to track citizens' gambling activity and ensure operator compliance.
- Kenyans don’t support betting tax hike; SportPesa lobbies Uganda
August 2, 2017
A new survey finds that a majority of Kenyans don't support plans to hike betting taxes; SportPesa lobbying Uganda over gambling regulatory revisions.
- Dafabet Kenya sued for name infringement by local design firm
July 24, 2017
Dafabet Kenya is sued by local interior design firm over alleged name infringement; SportPesa looking into launching operations in Uganda.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017
Dafabet ink partnership with pro eSports organization Fnatic
October 1, 2015
Ex-Amaya CEO Baazov accused of stealing from Kenya charity
November 30, 2017