Tag Archives: Uganda
- Kenyans don’t support betting tax hike; SportPesa lobbies Uganda
August 2, 2017
A new survey finds that a majority of Kenyans don't support plans to hike betting taxes; SportPesa lobbying Uganda over gambling regulatory revisions.
- Dafabet Kenya sued for name infringement by local design firm
July 24, 2017
Dafabet Kenya is sued by local interior design firm over alleged name infringement; SportPesa looking into launching operations in Uganda.
- Uganda launches crackdown on unauthorized gambling operators
May 8, 2017
Uganda launches nationwide crackdown on illegal land-based and online gambling operations; Kenyan gaming operators plead for tax relief.
- Uganda to shift gambling tax burden from operator to gambler
April 17, 2017
Uganda's top military commander no fan of gambling, while government proposes splitting gambling tax burden between operators and gamblers.
- Kiron & Vermantia launch virtual games in Uganda market
May 30, 2015
Producers of Virtual Games TV, Vermantia and Kiron Interactive, have launched their joint virtual games service in Uganda.
- Zimbabwe blocks new betting licenses
May 21, 2015
Zimbabwe has stopped giving out betting licenses to limit the surge of gambling on sports and lotteries.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017
Nevada legalizes Parimutuel Betting on eSports
October 17, 2017