Tag Archives: turkey
- Scientific Games reportedly tapped to run the Turkish Lottery
19 August 2019
The company’s innovative Wave terminals reportedly impressed the right people, helping SG secure the deal with the Türkiye Varlık Fonu (Turkey Wealth Fund, or TVF).
- GVC issues response to alleged operations in Turkey
10 July 2019
GVC had unloaded its Turkish ops for free in order to stave off any potential blowback as it sought an acquisition of Ladbrokes Coral in the U.K.
- GVC turns down $186 million offer to unload Turkish ops
8 July 2019
Kenny Alexander decided that it would be in the company’s best interest to put some distance between itself and Headlong LTD.
- Turkey arrests 113 in gambling den raids
28 May 2019
Turkey is cracking down once again on illegal gambling, but the problem won’t go away unless they come up with a better solution.
- Scientific Games consortium wins Turkey sports betting tender
13 February 2019
A consortium involving Scientific Games wins the 10-year tender to run Turkey's state-owned Iddaa-SportToto sports betting business.
- Turkey launches major illegal online gambling crackdown
1 February 2019
Some 5,000 Turkish police stage raids across 40 provinces seeking to arrest 394 individuals suspected of illegal online gambling operations.
Turkish police bust major international online betting ring
14 September 2016
Turkey’s president asks Republic of Georgia to close its casinos
16 September 2016
Online gambling is 10.4% of Turkey’s total e-commerce
29 November 2017
Turkey tightens financial screws on int’l online gambling sites
19 September 2017