Tag Archives: turkey
- Turkey’s gambling crackdown targets mobile money transfers
December 14, 2017
Turkey's ongoing two-year campaign against unauthorized online gambling activity includes new restrictions on mobile money transfers.
- Turkish imams issue lottery fatwa, slam ‘deceptive’ cryptocurrencies
December 13, 2017
Turkey's top religious body issues fatwa declaring national lottery forbidden for Muslims, while warning the pious away from 'deceptive' cryptocurrencies.
- Online gambling is 10.4% of Turkey’s total e-commerce
November 29, 2017
Turkey announces new restrictions on money transfers and ATM withdrawals to combat illegal online gambling, which accounts for 10.4% of Turkey's e-commerce.
- GVC drops Turkey operations amid merger rumor with Lads Coral
November 2, 2017
GVC Holdings has disposed its Turkish-facing business, fueling speculations that it will once again attempt to acquire UK rival Ladbrokes Coral Group.
- Turkey tightens financial screws on int’l online gambling sites
September 19, 2017
Turkey's finance minister says the government is tightening the financial screws on international online gambling sites serving local punters.
- Illegal betting ringmaster Veysel Sahin falls in Turkey
August 14, 2017
Turkish authorities have finally ended the days of Cyprus-based illegal betting ringmaster Veysel Sahin in the lam.
Turkish police bust major international online betting ring
September 14, 2016
Melco-Hard Rock to open Cyprus gaming venues this summer
April 24, 2017
Cyprus doles out more online sports betting licenses
March 20, 2017
Melco-Hard Rock temporary Cyprus casino to open in 2017
November 17, 2016