Tag Archives: turkey
- Turkey launches tender to open sports gambling industry
January 11, 2019
Turkey is looking to take its sports gambling operations to the next level and looks to find businesses to operate a centralized sports gambling system.
- Melco’s Cyprus casino picking up; Turkish Cypriot casino confusion
July 19, 2018
Attendance "accelerating" at Melco International's 'pop up' Cyprus casino, while confusion reigns in northern Cyprus over casino access.
- Turkey ramps up anti-gambling crackdown ahead of World Cup
June 4, 2018
Eight thousand Turkish police officers raid suspected illegal gambling operations across the country ahed of this month's FIFA World Cup kickoff.
- Turkey probes money laundering at Cyprus casinos… or not
May 23, 2018
Conflicting media reports indicate that Turkish officials are or are not probing a massive money laundering program at Cyprus casinos.
- GVC Holdings hit with £350k fine for “misleading” bonus offers
February 14, 2018
UK Gambling Commission slaps £350k penalty on GVC Holdings for "repeatedly misleading" consumers with bonus offers; GVC gave away Turkish business.
- Turkey arrests 100 people in online gambling crackdown
February 13, 2018
Over 1,000 Turkish police stage pre-dawn raids on 140 different locations, arresting 100 people in anti-online gambling crackdown.
Turkish police bust major international online betting ring
September 14, 2016
Online gambling is 10.4% of Turkey’s total e-commerce
November 29, 2017
Turkey tightens financial screws on int’l online gambling sites
September 19, 2017
Turkey needs casinos to lure rich Chinese tourists
January 25, 2018