Tag Archives: tpg capital
- Caesars hatches plan to kick $4.85b can of debt down the road
September 19, 2013
Online poker took another step toward mainstream American acceptance on Thursday via the official launch of real-money play at WSOP.com, the Nevada-licensed online poker site from Caesars Interactive Entertainment. The launch officially brings to an end the Nevada-facing monopoly previously enjoyed by Fertitta Interactive’s Ultimate Poker, which began dealing real-money...
- Sands boots China COO; Caesars targeted by short sellers, state treasurers
September 3, 2013
Casino operator Las Vegas Sands has lost and/or gotten rid of the number two exec at its dominant Sands China division. On Tuesday, a Sands China official told the Wall Street Journal that chief operating officer David Sisk “has resigned and is no longer with the company” although other sources...
- Hedge funds push to restructure Caesars Ent. ahead of debt deadline
June 1, 2013
Caesars Entertainment has finalized a deal that will see Chile’s leading casino operator Enjoy S.A. acquire 45% of the Caesars-owned Conrad Punta Del Este Resort and Casino in Uruguay. The deal allows Enjoy the option of acquiring the remaining 55% stake in the casino between years three and five of...
- Investing The Hard Way: Caesars’ Big, Stupid Move
April 29, 2013
“The market can stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent.” – John Maynard Keynes The above quote summarizes the greatest, but far from only, danger in selling stocks short. Every investment has some risk, of course, but a short play – essentially a bet that the price of a...
Caesars, Gamblit testing skill-based games in Las Vegas
March 30, 2017
Pats owner’s casino ties expose NFL’s gambling hypocrisy
April 25, 2017