Tag Archives: thomas vanek
- United Nations says online gambling to blame for increase in match-fixing
April 16, 2015
United Nations says match-fixing on the rise thanks to online gambling; annual global sports betting handle said to top $3b; Ruff sentenced.
- Five Paul Phua defendants to plead guilty; Thomas Vanek’s bookie pleads guilty
December 5, 2014
Five defendants in Paul Phua sports betting case to plead guilty; Thomas Vanek's agent denies his client had $10m in gambling losses.
- Thomas Vanek reportedly target for extortion by gambling ring
November 7, 2014
Federal Investigators were reportedly looking into the possibility of Thomas Vanek being targeted for extortion by gambling ring.
- NHL star Thomas Vanek linked to illegal gambling case but not a suspect
November 3, 2014
One of of three men who pled guilty to money laundering claimed Minnesota Wild forward Thomas Vanek had a gambling debt of over $1 million.
- NHL’er Thomas Vanek cooperating with feds in illegal sports betting investigation
July 22, 2014
NHL player Thomas Vanek assisting US federal authorities investigate Rochester sports betting bust; two Nevada sports bet figures sentenced.
Charges dropped against Calvin Ayre, Bodog and friends
July 14, 2017
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017