Tag Archives: The Stars Group
- The Stars Group’s reinvention sharply reduces poker reliance
March 6, 2019
Online gambling giant The Stars Group's 2018 report shows poker revenue falling to 35% of overall revenue in 2018, down from 65% the previous year.
- PGA Tour open to gambling tie-ups; BetEasy inks NBA deal
February 27, 2019
The PGA Tour now open to gambling sponsorships, but not with "pure sportsbooks or bookmakers;" NBA inks BetEasy for Australian wagering partnership.
- Dutch court says PokerStars.eu players don’t have to pay taxes
January 8, 2019
A Court of Appeal in Den Bosch rules that Dutch poker players' winnings from PokerStars.eu aren't taxable by the local tax authority.
- The Stars Group beats $870m Kentucky lawsuit, hoists UFC belt
December 21, 2018
Kentucky Court of Appeals overturns $870m judgment against The Stars Group for PokerStars' pre-2011 activities in the state; TSG inks UFC poker sponsorship.
- The Stars Group, SuperMatch new NBA gaming partners
December 11, 2018
The National Basketball Association inks new gaming partnerships with The Stars Group and Uruguay's sports betting monopoly Supermatch.
- Sweden online gambling license recipients now include PokerStars
Sweden issues new online gambling licenses to The Stars Group, Betway, Betclic Everest's Expekt brand, Tipwin and Mandalorian Technologies.
Christmas comes early: Sweden release draft gambling legislation
December 21, 2017
Sweden receives 55 online gambling license applications
October 8, 2018