Tag Archives: Taxes
- Sri Lanka makes changes to its gambling landscape
March 6, 2019
The government of Sri Lanka introduces gambling turnover tax and raises casino license fees. Additionally casino entry of $50 per person will be collected.
- Macau wins big with gaming taxes in January
February 13, 2019
According to the city’s government, the gambling mecca received over $1.26 billion in taxes in January, up from the $1.08 billion it collected last year.
- Atlantic City to pay Hard Rock millions over tax dispute
January 25, 2019
The house always wins. In this case, the house is Hard Rock International and the loser is New Jersey’s Atlantic City.
- Belgium wants dedicated social gaming blacklist, higher taxes for poker pros
October 1, 2014
Belgian Gaming Commission wants its mandate broadened to allow it to blacklist social gaming operators; poker pros face higher taxes
- Pagcor, Entertainment City casinos agree to cut license fees temporarily
May 12, 2014
The lower license fees seeks to lessen the blow casinos would have had to absorb after the BIR slapped a 30-percent income tax on them.
- Court of Tax Appeals says Pagcor franchisees no longer tax exempt
March 3, 2014
The Philippines' Court of Tax Appeals has ruled that Pagcor franchisees must pay their income taxes.
Miss Universe 2018: Miss Philippines and Puerto Rico early favorites
December 13, 2018
PAGCOR gives $200M Clark casino the green light
April 5, 2018
Philippine SEC asked to stop Okada Manila owner listing proceedings
December 10, 2018