Tag Archives: tax
- U.S. poker players: Time to start preparing to file your taxes
November 29, 2018
Federal taxes are coming due for U.S. taxpayers in April and, while it may seem like a long time to prepare, now is the time to start getting things ready.
- Genting Malaysia to reduce marketing expenses due to tax increase
November 9, 2018
Amid the rise in taxes payments, the casino operator Genting Malaysia say that it will have to adjust its marketing expenses as a result of the new fees.
- Genting Malaysia price down on tax hike news
November 7, 2018
The company’s share price was down as much as 30%, marking the biggest fall since the company’s stock was first listed in 1989.
- No deal on lottery tax exemptions, Calcutta High Court says
October 25, 2018
The Calcutta High Court has shot down an attempt who argued that lotteries should be exempt from the Goods and Service Tax, according to reports.
- UK online gambling operators catch a break on freeplay tax
December 7, 2016
The UK taxman cuts online gambling operators a break by deciding to apply the new tax on casino and bingo free plays to "the first use of freeplays only.”
- 5 Non-financial taxes you pay in poker
November 10, 2016
Lee Davy takes a look at five taxes of a non-financial kind that poker players pay on a daily basis.
Doyle Brunson once turned down $230M, and he still has nightmares
February 16, 2018
Crypto and Blockchain is stealing poker’s main attractions
February 28, 2018