Tag Archives: taobao.com
- China’s Taobao.com cracks down on prop bets disguised as ‘insurance’ policies
June 24, 2016
China's Taobao online marketplace takes steps to eliminate its users offering 'insurance policies' that look an awful lot like prop bets.
- Online lottery suspension dragging down China lottery sales, Alibaba revenue
August 25, 2015
China lottery sales fall 27% in July, due in part to online sales suspension, which also hurt the revenue of eCommerce giant Alibaba.
- Alibaba Group latest to suspend online lottery sales; 500.com braces for lawsuit
March 1, 2015
Alibaba Group's Taobao.com latest operator to suspend online lottery sales as China reins in sector; 500.com braces for class action suit.
- World Cup bet crackdown continues; China tech co’s fight over sports lottery
June 26, 2014
Malaysia busts betting ring that handled $32.6m in World Cup wagers; China's tech giants fight for share of booming online sports lottery.
- China’s sports lottery nearly doubles 2010 World Cup wager total in just nine days
June 24, 2014
In the first nine days of the 2014 World Cup, China's sports lottery sales generate nearly twice the total sales of the 2010 tournament.
AGTech inks online lottery deal with China’s Alipay
March 24, 2017
BTC China extends bitcoin withdrawal freeze into March
February 17, 2017