Tag Archives: Supreme Court
- The Mouthpiece: Can Indian tribes offer sports betting?
July 4, 2018
For tribes, signing of class III gaming compacts gives them a monopoly on casino-style gaming. But that decision depends on what the actual compacts say.
- The Mouthpiece: Dropping the quill, picking up the club—SC ruling may be bad news for legal iGaming
June 27, 2018
Any way the game goes, the big players are now definitively favored, gaming or gambling.
- The Mouthpiece: Legal challenges of expanded sports betting
May 31, 2018
In this edition of "The Mouthpiece," Martin Owens take a deeper look on the legal repercussions on an expanded sports betting in the U.S.
- US Supreme Court rules federal sports betting ban is unconstitutional
May 14, 2018
The US Supreme Court has ruled that the 1961 PASPA federal ban on single-game sports betting outside Nevada is unconstitutional.
- Can sports books survive a 1% tax on handle?
January 17, 2018
Expert analysis of the impact that the proposed 1% on bets would have on sports book operators can be read here.
- New Jersey sports betting backers optimistic after Supreme Court hearing
December 4, 2017
Observers at Monday's US Supreme Court hearing suggest New Jersey's sports betting advocates got a favorable reception from at least five justices.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017
Sheldon Adelson’s Money Gets Anti Gambling Bill to Congress
March 27, 2014
Delaware silently preparing for US sports betting D-day
December 27, 2017