Tag Archives: Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka shuts door on casino investors
July 21, 2016
Talk about nipping the idea in the bud. For a nation seeking investments to bolster its economy.
- Sri Lanka cricket suspends bowling coach over match fixing allegations
January 20, 2016
Sri Lankan test cricket is in the spotlight amid an alleged attempt to fix a test against the West Indies.
- Sri Lanka casinos fear for their lives under new government’s tax regime
December 16, 2015
Sri Lanka's finance minister says new casino taxes are way of "snubbing" the industry and some venues believe they won't last much longer.
- Sri Lanka to eliminate casino entry levy while boosting casino taxes, fees
November 27, 2015
Sri Lanka government's 2016 budget proposal will scrap $100 casino entry fee while doubling annual casino license fees and increasing taxes.
- Cambodia casino law; Sri Lanka casino levy
April 7, 2015
Cambodia is expected to approve a new casino bill by the end of 2015; Sri Lanka has issued an amendment to its Betting and Gaming Levy Act.
- Sri Lanka PM supports decision to withdraw Crown’s casino license
February 25, 2015
Sri Lankan PM supports his government’s decision to withdraw license for Crown Resorts' proposed casino project in Colombo.
James Packer abandons Las Vegas casino dream
May 22, 2017
Melco Crown preps rebirth as Melco Resorts & Entertainment
March 17, 2017
Crown Resorts VIP pleads guilty to $125k chip theft
March 21, 2017