Tag Archives: Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s casino entry fee only for locals
April 8, 2019
The government of Sri Lanka has been slightly backtracking on the entrance fee which will only apply to locals in a bid to stop them from gambling.
- Sri Lanka makes changes to its gambling landscape
March 6, 2019
The government of Sri Lanka introduces gambling turnover tax and raises casino license fees. Additionally casino entry of $50 per person will be collected.
- Sri Lanka shuts door on casino investors
July 21, 2016
Talk about nipping the idea in the bud. For a nation seeking investments to bolster its economy.
- Sri Lanka cricket suspends bowling coach over match fixing allegations
January 20, 2016
Sri Lankan test cricket is in the spotlight amid an alleged attempt to fix a test against the West Indies.
- Sri Lanka casinos fear for their lives under new government’s tax regime
December 16, 2015
Sri Lanka's finance minister says new casino taxes are way of "snubbing" the industry and some venues believe they won't last much longer.
- Sri Lanka to eliminate casino entry levy while boosting casino taxes, fees
November 27, 2015
Sri Lanka government's 2016 budget proposal will scrap $100 casino entry fee while doubling annual casino license fees and increasing taxes.
Sri Lanka approves third resort casino project for Colombo
December 6, 2013
Sri Lanka makes changes to its gambling landscape
March 6, 2019