Tag Archives: SportPesa
- Kenya betting operators win reprieve on proposed tax hike
May 25, 2017
Kenyan betting operators catch a break as parliament votes to maintain original 7.5% tax rate, while imposing the new 50% tax on other gaming verticals.
- SportPesa ink biggest shirt deal in Everton FC history
May 15, 2017
Kenyan betting operator SportPesa confirm five-year Everton FC shirt deal, the “biggest commercial partnership” in the club's 140-year history.
- SportPesa launch in Tanzania, move European HQ to Liverpool
May 9, 2017
Kenyan sports betting operator launches operations in neighboring Tanzania, while confirming that it's moving its European HQ to Liverpool.
- Kenyan bettor wins record sum via SportPesa accumulator
May 2, 2017
A Kenyan sports bettor hits a 17-game accumulator with SportPesa, resulting in a $2.14m payout, the largest gambling payout in the country's history.
- SportPesa new La Liga betting partner, illegal Chinese slots foe
April 27, 2017
Kenyan sports betting operator inks betting partnership with Spain's La Liga; Kenya Premier League CEO urges gov't to rethink betting tax hikes.
- Kenya judge rejects SportPesa betting tax appeal’s tiny fonts
April 11, 2017
Kenyan judge declines to consider SportPesa's legal challenge of government's gambling tax hikes due to document's tiny font size.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017
Ex-Amaya CEO Baazov accused of stealing from Kenya charity
November 30, 2017