Tag Archives: SportPesa
- SportPesa to shut Kenya ops if tax hikes aren’t rolled back
July 7, 2017
Sports betting operator SportPesa says it will close its Kenya operations if the government proceeds with its plan to impose 35% tax on gambling revenue.
- SportPesa scrap Kenya sports deals after gambling tax hike
June 23, 2017
Betting operator SportPesa says it will scrap its sponsorship deals with Kenyan sports bodies after government approves new 35% tax on gambling revenue.
- Kenya betting operators win reprieve on proposed tax hike
May 25, 2017
Kenyan betting operators catch a break as parliament votes to maintain original 7.5% tax rate, while imposing the new 50% tax on other gaming verticals.
- SportPesa ink biggest shirt deal in Everton FC history
May 15, 2017
Kenyan betting operator SportPesa confirm five-year Everton FC shirt deal, the “biggest commercial partnership” in the club's 140-year history.
- SportPesa launch in Tanzania, move European HQ to Liverpool
May 9, 2017
Kenyan sports betting operator launches operations in neighboring Tanzania, while confirming that it's moving its European HQ to Liverpool.
- Kenyan bettor wins record sum via SportPesa accumulator
May 2, 2017
A Kenyan sports bettor hits a 17-game accumulator with SportPesa, resulting in a $2.14m payout, the largest gambling payout in the country's history.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017