Tag Archives: SportPesa
- Dafabet Kenya sued for name infringement by local design firm
July 24, 2017
Dafabet Kenya is sued by local interior design firm over alleged name infringement; SportPesa looking into launching operations in Uganda.
- SportPesa enter Italy sports bet market with RCS Gaming deal
July 17, 2017
SportPesa to enter Italian sports betting market via deal to acquire 75% of RCS Gaming, which will see rebrand of Italy-licensed Gazzabet.it.
- SportPesa walks back threat to close Kenya ops over betting tax
July 10, 2017
Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa walks back threats to close its local operations if government proceeds with gambling tax hikes.
- SportPesa to shut Kenya ops if tax hikes aren’t rolled back
July 7, 2017
Sports betting operator SportPesa says it will close its Kenya operations if the government proceeds with its plan to impose 35% tax on gambling revenue.
- SportPesa scrap Kenya sports deals after gambling tax hike
June 23, 2017
Betting operator SportPesa says it will scrap its sponsorship deals with Kenyan sports bodies after government approves new 35% tax on gambling revenue.
- Kenya betting operators win reprieve on proposed tax hike
May 25, 2017
Kenyan betting operators catch a break as parliament votes to maintain original 7.5% tax rate, while imposing the new 50% tax on other gaming verticals.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017
Ex-Amaya CEO Baazov accused of stealing from Kenya charity
November 30, 2017