Tag Archives: SportPesa
- Kenyan betting operators lose court challenge of new 35% tax
December 28, 2017
- Kenya lottery sues gov’t over planned gambling tax hikes
October 13, 2017
The Pambazuka National Lottery sues the Kenyan government over its plan to dramatically hike gambling taxes starting January 1, 2018.
- Kenyans don’t support betting tax hike; SportPesa lobbies Uganda
August 2, 2017
A new survey finds that a majority of Kenyans don't support plans to hike betting taxes; SportPesa lobbying Uganda over gambling regulatory revisions.
- Dafabet Kenya sued for name infringement by local design firm
July 24, 2017
Dafabet Kenya is sued by local interior design firm over alleged name infringement; SportPesa looking into launching operations in Uganda.
- SportPesa enter Italy sports bet market with RCS Gaming deal
July 17, 2017
SportPesa to enter Italian sports betting market via deal to acquire 75% of RCS Gaming, which will see rebrand of Italy-licensed Gazzabet.it.
- SportPesa walks back threat to close Kenya ops over betting tax
July 10, 2017
Kenyan sports betting operator SportPesa walks back threats to close its local operations if government proceeds with gambling tax hikes.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017
PwC says Kenya’s new betting tax rate actually closer to 70%
March 31, 2017