Tag Archives: South Korea
- Japanese visitors give South Korea’s foreigners-only casinos new lease in life
April 16, 2018
Japanese tourists have been throwing a lifeline at South Korea’s foreigners-only casino sector amid the on-going diplomatic row between Seoul and Beijing.
- Landing boss Yang Zhihui’s gambling determination soars high
The tycoon has been involved in the South Korean gambling industry, pushing through even during an economic war between the two countries he calls home.
- Paradise casino sales climb to $49.5M in March
April 4, 2018
Spring came early for South Korean casino operator Paradise Co Ltd., which saw its casino revenue climb by almost 34 percent in March.
- Unlawfully-hired Kangwon Land staff face chopping block
March 16, 2018
South Korean President Moon Jae-in has kicked more than 200 employees out of the state-owned Kangwon Land’s premises.
- Making crypto cooler than kimchi: potential South Korean u-turn on ICO ban
March 14, 2018
The Korean Times alleges that the South Korean Financial Services Commission are on the verge of reversing the ICO ban rolled out in September.
- Hiring scandal trail leads South Korea prosecutors back to Kangwon Land
March 12, 2018
The Korea Times reported that prosecutor raided Kangwon Land – the only casino at which South Korean citizens are legally permitted to gamble.
Landing International puts off Jeju Shinhwa World casino opening
January 3, 2018
Grand Korea Leisure net profit slumps in 2017
February 9, 2018
Paradise casino sales climb to $49.5M in March
April 4, 2018