Tag Archives: South Korea
- Samsung Lions pitcher loses appeal in illegal online gambling case
July 21, 2017
A South Korean court has rejected the appeal lodged by a former baseball pitcher who was convicted for engaging in an illegal online gambling operation.
- South Korean casinos eagerly await end to Chinese tourism spat
July 19, 2017
Gongzi Jeju, the newest casino on South Korea's Jeju Island, holds its official grand opening as operators pray for end to China travel ban.
- South Korea’s foreigner-only casino sales bounce back in 2016
July 18, 2017
After a year of decline, South Korea’s foreigner-only casinos have rebounded in 2016.
- Sky Racing World to provide South Korean horse-racing to North American Market
July 7, 2017
Korea Racing Authority partnership will see Sky Racing World offering simulcast wagering from Seoul and Busan races to ADW’s across the Americas and Europe.
- Cyberattack cripples Korean bitcoin exchange Bithumb
July 6, 2017
Authorities in South Korea have launched an investigation into a reported data breach that lead to the theft of funds from Bithumb.
- Paradise Co H1 revenue falls 20%
Revenue of South Korean casino operator Paradise Co Ltd dropped 20.7 percent in the first half of the year on weaker gaming segment.
Tensions in Asia propel bitcoin past $4,000 to new milestone
August 14, 2017
Kangwon Land casino paying problem gamblers to stay away
March 24, 2017
Cyberattack cripples Korean bitcoin exchange Bithumb
July 6, 2017
Chinese tourists maintain biggest spenders’ crown
April 13, 2017