Tag Archives: South Korea
- Paradise casino sales climb to $49.5M in March
April 4, 2018
Spring came early for South Korean casino operator Paradise Co Ltd., which saw its casino revenue climb by almost 34 percent in March.
- Unlawfully-hired Kangwon Land staff face chopping block
March 16, 2018
South Korean President Moon Jae-in has kicked more than 200 employees out of the state-owned Kangwon Land’s premises.
- Making crypto cooler than kimchi: potential South Korean u-turn on ICO ban
March 14, 2018
The Korean Times alleges that the South Korean Financial Services Commission are on the verge of reversing the ICO ban rolled out in September.
- Hiring scandal trail leads South Korea prosecutors back to Kangwon Land
March 12, 2018
The Korea Times reported that prosecutor raided Kangwon Land – the only casino at which South Korean citizens are legally permitted to gamble.
- Grand Korea Leisure casinos ink crypto deal with Dragon Inc
March 8, 2018
Grand Korea Leisure ink deal to use Dragon Corp's Dragon Blockchain platform and Dragon Coin token in its Seven Luck Casino VIP rooms.
- Landing International swings to profit in 2017
February 22, 2018
Hong Kong-listed Landing International Development Limited (LIDL) has become profitable again in 2017, no thanks to its gambling segment.
Tensions in Asia propel bitcoin past $4,000 to new milestone
August 14, 2017
Cyberattack cripples Korean bitcoin exchange Bithumb
July 6, 2017
Kangwon Land casino paying problem gamblers to stay away
March 24, 2017