Tag Archives: South Korea
- Cronyism charges send ex-Kangwon Land boss to jail
December 4, 2017
Korean authorities have arrested the former CEO of casino operator Kangwon Land along with several others on allegations of cronyism.
- China to ease restrictions on package tours to South Korea
November 28, 2017
China plans to ease restrictions on package tours to South Korea, potentially offering a badly needed boost to local foreigners-only casino operators.
- Mohegan Gaming delay South Korea casino groundbreaking
November 16, 2017
Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment delay the planned mid-November groundbreaking of its Inspire resort in Incheon, South Korea until spring 2018.
- South Korea casinos have mixed Q3 results but gov’t always wins
November 8, 2017
Casino operator Grand Korea Leisure rises in Q3 while rival Kangwon Land falls, but Korean government's sin taxes go up regardless.
- Paradise Co net profit sinks 86.5% in Q3
November 7, 2017
The losing streak of South Korean casino operator Paradise Co. Ltd. continues in the third quarter despite the seeing a recovery in Chinese VIP play.
- Philippine police colonel suspect in junket operator kidnap, murder
October 31, 2017
A Philippine National Police lieutenant colonel is among the suspects wanted in the kidnapping and murder of a local casino junket operator.
Okada Manila eyes Philippine backdoor listing
May 2, 2017