Tag Archives: south australia
- Xenophon, political party vow to slash pokies number by a third
February 19, 2018
Nick Xenophon and his political party have unveiled plans to cut the number of poker machines from 12,100 to 8,100 in a span of five years.
- Senate powerbroker Nick Xenophon softens stance on Aussie pokies
January 12, 2018
The Australian reported that Xenophon has already toned down his anti-gambling rhetoric after South Australia revised its gambling tax revenue forecast.
- Aussie sports betting growing fast but still a small slice of the pie
November 29, 2017
New Australian Gambling Statistics report shows sports betting growth dramatically outpacing other gambling products, but still small slice of overall pie.
- Online gambling tax tug-of-war brewing in Australia
October 10, 2017
The Australian federal government and state are now at loggerheads over the former’s plan to take a slice of the new online gambling tax.
- ‘Sneaky’ tax may see Aussie state raking $110M from online gambling
May 12, 2017
The government of Victoria, a state in southeast Australia, is gearing up to take a slice of the online gambling pie.
- South Australia urges states to adopt new online betting tax
November 26, 2016
South Australia urges other states to adopt the same 15% online 'place of consumption' tax it will begin levying against online operators on July 1, 2017.
Australian online bookie Neds launch Bitcoin betting platform
February 2, 2018
Australia gambling regulator pumps brakes on Bitcoin bets
February 5, 2018
CrownBet launches new TV ad, but won’t mention betting
September 26, 2016