Tag Archives: Sikkim
- Delta Corp share price jumps after securing Sikkim casino license
January 18, 2017
Delta Corp. advanced by as much as 3% during Tuesday’s early trading hours following news that it had secured a license to operate a casino in Sikkim.
- Delta Corp targets January launch for Sikkim casino
January 9, 2017
Delta Corp., India’s largest and only publicly traded gaming and hospitality company, has finally set an opening date for its casino in the Sikkim state.
- Delta Corp acquires temporary license to open new casino in India’s Sikkim state
July 28, 2016
India’s largest and only publicly traded gaming and hospitality company has finally gotten Sikkim’s elusive yes to expand into the state.
- Sikkim gov’t bans locals from casinos
July 8, 2016
Indian state of Sikkim bans local residents from entering its two casinos but denies that it's engaging in "moral policing."
- India launches first ‘online’ sports betting shop; online lotteries earn court’s ire
May 14, 2016
Golden Gaming adds sports betting to its 'online' betting palette in the Indian state of Sikkim; online lotteries accused of overreaching.
- India needs more casinos for ‘vastly underserved’ local market, report says
April 29, 2016
According to the Global Market Advisors LLC, casino gambling in the country could potentially reach US$10.2B annually by the year 2025.
CrownBet launches new TV ad, but won’t mention betting
September 26, 2016
India’s Supreme Court taking another look at sports betting
April 28, 2017
Law panel leans towards regulating gambling in India
March 20, 2017