Tag Archives: securities and exchange commission
- 6 Vegas sports gambling funds controlled by former Ponzi scheme operators
May 7, 2019
John F. Thomas III manages six funds that are now being put under the microscope by the U.S. SEC, according to reports.
- Nevada ‘entity betting’ funds spanked by securities regulator
September 10, 2018
The US Securities and Exchange Commission spanks two Nevada-based 'entity betting' funds for violating federal securities laws.
- SEC green-lights review of decision to junk bitcoin ETF filing
April 26, 2017
The proposal to list what could have been the first U.S. exchange-traded fund tracking digital currency bitcoin is up for another review in the SEC.
- SEC rejects second request to list bitcoin product
March 29, 2017
Another day, another application for a bitcoin exchange trade product (ETP) junked in the United States.
- Bitcoin recovers easily from SEC’s ETF rejection
March 14, 2017
The U.S. SEC to refuse the request to list what could have been the country’s first exchange-traded fund built to track the popular digital currency.
When we say Bitcoin, we mean Bitcoin Cash
October 17, 2017
Roger Ver bets $1M that Bitcoin Cash will not be ‘short-lived’
September 22, 2017
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017