Tag Archives: safaricom
- Safaricom loss of gamblers’ data may reach beyond Africa
August 16, 2019
A massive data breach resulted in the personal information of over 11.5 million gamblers being compromised.
- Kenya’s gamblers told to withdraw funds before payment shutdown
July 12, 2019
Kenya's gambling industry is in turmoil after gov't orders gamblers to withdraw account funds within 48 hours before payment channels are closed off.
- Kenya betting operators could lose access to mobile payments
July 10, 2019
Kenya's government 'requests' that leading mobile payment processors halt business with gaming operators whose licenses were suspended on July 1.
- Kenya suspends betting license renewals in get-tough approach
July 2, 2019
Kenya's government declines to renew gambling licenses, including 19 betting operators, as part of its new 'get tough' approach to gaming sector.
- Safaricom sued for losing private data loss of 11.5 million gamblers
June 26, 2019
It was determined that the privacy of its customers had been breached when the gambling data of 11.5 million Safaricom customers was possibly stolen.
Kenya gov’t imposes new 50% tax on all gambling revenue
March 30, 2017
Dafabet launch Kenyan site as springboard to rest of Africa
March 16, 2017
Betin launches new affiliate programme with Income Access
August 8, 2017
Ex-Amaya CEO Baazov accused of stealing from Kenya charity
November 30, 2017