Tag Archives: roskomnadzor
- Russian chamber of commerce welcomes bookies; gov’t admits domain-blocking failure
October 24, 2017
Russia's chamber of commerce forms new bookmaker subcommittee to address betting-related issues; Communications Minister says domain-blocking doesn't work.
- Russian search engines reach deal to restrict gambling results
September 1, 2017
Russia's search engines reach preliminary agreement with telecom watchdog Roskomnadzor on purging gambling-related search results.
- Russia reports 235% jump in online gambling complaints
August 10, 2017
Russia's telecom watchdog has recorded a spike in complaints related to illegal distribution of online gaming content in the first six months of 2017.
- eSports skin betting sites targeted by Russia’s telecom watchdog
July 20, 2017
Russia's ban-happy telecom watchdog adds eSports skin betting sites to its online blacklist due to their resemblance to 'online casinos for children.'
- Russia blocks Google over online gambling redirect
June 23, 2017
Russia temporarily blocks access to Google.ru domain due to one of the search engine's pages redirecting to a banned online gambling domain.
- Russia targets VPNs for allowing access to banned domains
April 21, 2017
Russia's telecom watchdog puts pressure on virtual private network services to block access to blacklisted domains, including thousands of gambling sites.
Russia seizes bricks of cocaine featuring Bet365 logo
June 12, 2019