Tag Archives: roskomnadzor
- Russia testing new ‘deep packet inspection’ online filtering system
December 19, 2018
Russia's Roskomnadzor telecom watchdog reportedly spending up to RUB20b (US$295m) to impose new deep-packet inspection system to filter unwanted content.
- Russia fines Google for allowing prohibited sites in search results
December 12, 2018
Russia's telecom watchdog fines Google RUB500k for failing to keep prohibited resources -- including gambling domains -- from appearing in search results.
- Russia’s telecom watchdog opens case against Google
November 27, 2018
Russia's telecom watchdog opens administrative case against Google for failing to purge forbidden domains, including gambling sites, from search results.
- Russians more irked by online gambling than drug trafficking
November 10, 2018
Russia's digital watchdog reports receiving three times as many complaints about online gambling than drug trafficking in Q3.
- Russian banks tightening online gambling payment noose
November 3, 2018
Russian banks enforcing new rules blocking payments to international online gambling sites; telecom watchdog fines Google for not scrubbing blocked domains.
- Russia’s telecom watchdog prepping new online filtering tools
October 18, 2018
Russia's telecom watchdog teases about new more effective internet filtering mechanism to block unauthorized online content, including gambling sites.
Russia seizes bricks of cocaine featuring Bet365 logo
June 12, 2019