Tag Archives: rod wright
- California sports betting bill passes Senate committee; Nevada Senate approves election, ‘entity’ bets
April 24, 2013
The SB 190 sports betting bill introduced by California state Sen. Rod Wright passed the Senate Governmental Organization Committee on Tuesday by a vote of 11-0. While encouraging, the unanimous support is not without precedent, as Wright’s 2012 bill (SB 1390) received the identical treatment exactly one year ago this...
- Mississippi online gambling bill dies; California to renew sports bet push; Nevada operator delays
February 7, 2013
While New Jersey and US online gambling fans in general are celebrating Gov. Chris Christie’s ‘conditional approval’ (as it’s been dubbed) of the state’s online gambling legislation, the hopes of Mississippi online gamblers have once again been dashed. Rep. Bobby Moak’s HB 254 aka the Mississippi Lawful Internet Gaming Act...
- New Jersey senate passes online gambling bill; Heller claims fed bill still alive
December 20, 2012
New Jersey’s state Senate has overwhelmingly approved its S1565 intrastate online gambling legislation. The bill passed Thursday afternoon by a vote of 33-3, a far wider margin than Monday’s 48-25 (with three abstentions) vote in the Assembly. Gov. Chris Christie now has 45 days in which to decide whether to...
- Kyl, Heller claim GOP support for poker bill; California’s 2013 intrastate plans
December 12, 2012
The online poker bill co-authored by US Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ) showed flickers of life Tuesday afternoon. At a Capitol Hill press briefing late in the day, an unidentified reporter informed Reid that Kyl and Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV) were saying that there...
- No Maryland online gambling; Calif. pol “would bet the under” on online poker bill
August 7, 2012
In perhaps the least surprising piece of news you’ll read this week, an online gambling bill isn’t in the cards for the state of Maryland this year. State legislators are set to convene a special session – the Senate on Thursday and the House on Friday – to consider a...
- Iowa online poker bill progress; new California bill due this week; Utah opts out
February 22, 2012
On Monday, a three-member Iowa Senate subcommittee unanimously approved a bill (read SB 3164 here) to legalize online poker. It probably didn’t hurt that the subcommittee chairman, state Sen. Jeff Danielson, is the sponsor of the online poker bill. The full Senate State Government Committee is expected to consider the...