Tag Archives: rob manfred
- Roger Goodell clams up when colleagues’ talk turns to gambling
July 20, 2017
When the leaders of U.S. professional sports leagues convened in New York to discuss the business of sports.
- Major League Baseball “reexamining” sports bet position
February 8, 2017
Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred says the league is "reexamining" its stance toward legal sports betting in conversation with team owners.
- Major League Baseball headed to London despite presence of big bad bookies
January 27, 2016
Major League Baseball to hold regular season game in London despite proximity to the sports betting operators it so irrationally fears.
- Pete Rose heads to Reds Hall of Fame
January 20, 2016
For what it’s worth, Pete Rose is getting a hall of fame induction… in the Cincinnati Reds' team hall.
- MLB commish Rob Manfred upholds Pete Rose lifetime ban
December 15, 2015
Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred is upholding Pete Rose 26-year old ban.
- MLB Commissioner to decide whether to reinstate Pete Rose before the year ends
December 11, 2015
Gambling on the sport is one of the cardinal sins of baseball. Everyone in and around the game knows that.
Astros overtake the Dodgers on World Series odds
April 11, 2018
Red Sox atop World Series odds heading into September
August 31, 2018
Astros listed as small favorites to repeat as World Series Champs
November 17, 2017
NBA, MLB insist on 1% cut of sports betting handle
February 13, 2018