Tag Archives: Rick Scott
- Rick Scott’s $3B gambling compact sussed out at its Florida Senate debut
January 21, 2016
It was a rough outing at the Florida Senate for Gov. Rick Scott’s proposal for a $3 billion gambling compact with the Seminole Tribe.
- Seminole says government violated compact, intends to keep blackjack
June 26, 2015
The Seminoles play hardball with Florida legislators over the tribe's gambling compact with the state.
- Florida may not renew Seminole casino compact
January 14, 2015
Florida may not renew a key provision in its gambling compact with the Seminole Tribe while revising the state's outdated gaming laws.
- Massachusetts casino repeal falls short; Colorado horse racing gets a ‘no’; California tribe’s casino plan gets spurned; Rick Scott re-elected as Florida governor
November 6, 2014
Massachusetts’ gambling law will live on after voters shot down an opportunity to repeal the three-year old during the recent electorate.
- Florida’s failed casino deal with Seminole tribe would have been largest of its kind
September 28, 2014
This spring's failed negotiation of a new gaming compact with Florida's Seminole Tribe would have guaranteed the state $2b over seven years.
- Florida discovers banning internet cafés easier than closing them
April 4, 2014
Florida police raid 24 internet cafés operating despite 2013 law banning their existence; Gov. Scott supports federal online gambling ban.
Bitcoin.Casino domain acquired in $28K record sale
February 27, 2017
Florida’s greyhound racing biz now a pharmaceutical free-for-all
December 28, 2017
Florida gambling bill sails through House Committee Vote
March 22, 2017