Tag Archives: Rick Scott
- Rick Scott’s $3B gambling compact sussed out at its Florida Senate debut
January 21, 2016
It was a rough outing at the Florida Senate for Gov. Rick Scott’s proposal for a $3 billion gambling compact with the Seminole Tribe.
- Seminole says government violated compact, intends to keep blackjack
June 26, 2015
The Seminoles play hardball with Florida legislators over the tribe's gambling compact with the state.
- Florida may not renew Seminole casino compact
January 14, 2015
Florida may not renew a key provision in its gambling compact with the Seminole Tribe while revising the state's outdated gaming laws.
- Massachusetts casino repeal falls short; Colorado horse racing gets a ‘no’; California tribe’s casino plan gets spurned; Rick Scott re-elected as Florida governor
November 6, 2014
Massachusetts’ gambling law will live on after voters shot down an opportunity to repeal the three-year old during the recent electorate.
- Florida’s failed casino deal with Seminole tribe would have been largest of its kind
September 28, 2014
This spring's failed negotiation of a new gaming compact with Florida's Seminole Tribe would have guaranteed the state $2b over seven years.
- Florida discovers banning internet cafés easier than closing them
April 4, 2014
Florida police raid 24 internet cafés operating despite 2013 law banning their existence; Gov. Scott supports federal online gambling ban.
Bitcoin.Casino domain acquired in $28K record sale
February 27, 2017
Florida Senate supports renewed gaming compact with Seminoles
February 12, 2018
Florida lawmakers pull the plug (again) on gambling bill
March 13, 2018
Florida voters to decide on gambling expansion in November
January 18, 2018
Florida goes after cardrooms’ designated-player games
August 29, 2017