Tag Archives: Restoration of America’s Wire Act
- MGM Resorts won’t be bothered if federal pols ban online gambling
April 30, 2015
CEO Jim Murren says MGM Resorts' growth doesn't depend on online gambling, says DFS "is gambling" and to think otherwise is "utterly" wrong.
- Pennsylvania Urges Congress to Oppose RAWA After Passing HR140 Ahead of Crucial iGaming Discussions in the State
April 16, 2015
The Pennsylvania House Gaming Oversight Committee has urged congress to oppose the RAWA, by passing HR140 ahead of crucial iGaming talks.
- Delaware online gambling revenue continues to underwhelm
April 8, 2015
Delaware's regulated online gambling market earns $141k in February; Delaware Lottery "nervous' about Restoration of America's Wire Act.
- US online gambling downgraded; potential RAWA lottery carveout; Barton redux
April 1, 2015
Morgan Stanley issues yet another downgrade for US online gambling revenue; Graham hints at potential RAWA online lottery carveout.
- Harry Reid won’t run for reelection in 2016
March 27, 2015
Longtime gambling proponent Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) announces that he won't seek re-election in 2016.
- RAWA hearing’s dog and pony show marred by the occasional injection of sanity
March 26, 2015
House Judiciary subcommittee hears testimony on the Restoration of America's Wire Act, which would ban most forms of online gambling.
Sheldon Adelson’s Money Gets Anti Gambling Bill to Congress
March 27, 2014
Bitcoin money laundering report ignores gambling’s history
January 21, 2018
Gamble free or die: Wire Act view faces New Hampshire challenge
February 16, 2019