Tag Archives: Restoration of America’s Wire Act
- Democratic senator joins federal online gambling witch hunt
July 12, 2017
US Senator Mark Warner (D-VA) urges Attorney General Jeff Sessions to make good on his vow/threat to roll back intrastate online gambling efforts.
- Jeff Sessions recuses himself from federal online gambling ban talks
June 30, 2017
US Attorney General Jeff Sessions recuses himself from discussion of online gambling ban due to his attorney having lobbied for Adelson's anti-online group.
- Will Adelson’s $5m Trump gift unleash DOJ on online gambling?
April 19, 2017
Las Vegas Sands boss Sheldon Adelson gave $5m to Trump's inauguration fund, fuelling rumors that DOJ is prepping anti-online gambling measures.
- Congressman fishes for Adelson bucks with new anti-online bill
December 12, 2016
GOP Congressman Michael Fitzpatrick files legislation to overturn 2011 Department of Justice opinion that Wire Act applies only to online sports betting.
- New Jersey rep preps pro-online gambling legislation; Reid done with online gambling
October 21, 2016
New Jersey Rep. Frank Pallone Jr. to introduce new federal online and land-based gambling legislation; Sen. Harry Reid done with gambling.
- Anti-online gambling bill filed days after Adelson gave GOP senators $20m
September 28, 2016
Federal election filings show the US Senate's latest anti-online gambling bill came days after Sheldon Adelson donated $20m to Senate fund.
Sheldon Adelson’s Money Gets Anti Gambling Bill to Congress
March 27, 2014
Bitcoin money laundering report ignores gambling’s history
January 21, 2018
Gamble free or die: Wire Act view faces New Hampshire challenge
February 16, 2019