Tag Archives: reggie jones-sawyer
- California’s online poker prospectors find only fool’s gold
April 27, 2017
A major tribe quits PokerStars' California online poker coalition, while a state pol says legislature won't attempt to pass online poker bill in 2017.
- California gets first online poker bill for 2017
February 20, 2017
California Assemblyman Reggie Jones-Sawyer files AB 1677, the first online poker bill to come up for consideration in 2017.
- California’s new online poker bill makes it a felony to play on international sites
February 23, 2016
Latest California online poker bill leaves tax rate, license fees blank, but does specify felony charge for playing on non-California sites.
- New California online poker bill offers olive branch to PokerStars, racetracks
January 23, 2015
A new California online poker bill skips the traditional 'bad actor' language, offering best hope yet for PokerStars to participate.
- PrivateTable delay California real-money online poker launch by a week
August 29, 2014
PrivateTable.com delay real-money online poker launch in California by one week; Reggie Jones-Sawyer vows to resolve 'bad actor' question.
- California officially gives up on passing online poker legislation in 2014
August 7, 2014
California Assemblyman Reggie Jones-Sawyer withdraws his online poker bill from legislative agenda, killing chances of bill passage in 2014.
California shelves plan to regulate digital currency industry
August 17, 2016
Judge nixes California tribe’s shot at opening online casino
August 10, 2018