Tag Archives: racing nsw
- New South Wales gov’t backs Racing NSW bet limit rules; Vlahos bankruptcy report
January 2, 2015
New South Wales plans legislation to support new minimum bet rules for bookies; bankruptcy report exposes Vlahos' punter club shenanigans.
- Bookies up in arms after Racing NSW removes their right to refuse a wager
July 25, 2014
Australian corporate bookmakers are up in arms over Racing NSW's new rules preventing them from choosing with whom they do business.
- Tom Waterhouse cleared of wrongdoing in More Joyous affair, but mom charged
May 14, 2013
Australian bookie Tom Waterhouse is cleared of wrongdoing in More Joyous affair, but mom Gai is charged with failing to keep proper records.
- Trump protégé denied Star Casino license; rugby wants turnover fees from bookies
April 9, 2012
Mark Brown's bid for Star Casino exec position rejected by Aussie regulators; Aussie sports want turnover deals with betting operators
- Betfair, Sportsbet lose Australian High Court fight over NSW racing fees
March 30, 2012
Betfair and Sportsbet have lost their Australian High Court appeal of New South Wales racing bodies' right to charge 1.5% fees on turnover
- Betfair facing skeptical analysts in UK, defamation claims in Australia
December 12, 2010
UK stock market analysts feel Betfair's share price is vastly overvalued, while the head of the company's Australasian offshoot faces defamation claim
Australian online bookie Neds launch Bitcoin betting platform
February 2, 2018
Online bookmaker Pinnacle cuts off Australian customers
March 12, 2018