Tag Archives: problem gambling
- Study suggests childhood stress as problem gambling precursor
December 5, 2017
A new study strongly suggests high levels of childhood stress could indicate a greater likelihood of growing up to become a problem gambler.
- Sports betting isn’t Australia’s gambling boogeyman after all
November 23, 2017
A new Australian national gambling survey shows sports betting isn't the societal scourge that local media likes to claim it is.
- UK operators’ responsible gambling shortcomings detailed
October 4, 2017
A new report details UK gambling operators' successes and failures in ensuring best practices in responsible gambling activity.
- Beware Japanese researchers bearing problem gambling stats
October 2, 2017
A new survey claims 3.2m Japanese adults are gambling addicts, but closer look at stats reveals only 700k current problem gamblers.
- Labour Party seeks mandatory levy on betting operators to fund problem gambling treatment
September 26, 2017
The UK Labour Party plans to issue a call for a mandatory levy on gambling operators to fund problem gambling treatment programs.
- Problem gambling on the decline in Germany
September 19, 2017
A new federal government addiction survey in Germany shows significant reduction in the ranks of problem and pathological gamblers.
German states approve new federal gambling treaty
March 17, 2017
Problem gamblers’ brains bad at assessing, adapting to risk
April 14, 2017
Kangwon Land casino paying problem gamblers to stay away
March 24, 2017
Lottoland disrupting lottery monopolies in Germany, Ireland
March 16, 2017