Tag Archives: problem gambling
- HSBC UK to introduce ATM-style spending limits for gambling
5 November 2019
UK customers of HSBC Bank could avail themselves of ATM-style default spending limits on gambling transactions early in the new year.
- Problem gamblers’ siblings lack impulse control, take more risks
9 October 2019
A new study shows biological siblings of problem gamblers show a similar lack of impulse control and a tendency toward risk-taking.
- Finland’s Paf further reduces customers’ annual loss limits
3 October 2019
Finland's Paf announces further reduction in online customers' annual loss limits after Swedish research concludes “voluntary gaming limits have no effect.”
- Study questions slots ‘near miss’ problem gambling theory
26 September 2019
A new study published in the Journal of Gambling Studies questions the long-held theory that 'near miss' results encourage slots jockeys to keep playing.
- Naloxone problem gambling treatment study shows promise
27 August 2019
Researchers in Finland find some promise from a limited study of using Naloxone nasal spray to reduce problem gambling behavior.
- The Mouthpiece: Blame is the name of the game
23 August 2019
The White House suggestion that mass shootings can be deterred by locking up violent games is a threat to every type of gaming scenario there is.
Why the SEC really rejected the Bitcoin ETF
14 March 2017