Tag Archives: prediction market
- Bookies beat pollsters in forecasting Scotland’s independence referendum vote
September 19, 2014
UK bookies proved more accurate than pollsters in forecasting the 'No' side prevailing in the Scottish independence referendum.
- Bitcoin gambling site SatoshiDice sold to unknown purchaser
July 18, 2013
Bitcoin betting site SatoshiDice sold to unknown investor for BTC 126k; Bitcoin predictions market Predictious launches
- US financial regulators sue binary option traders Banc De Binary
June 7, 2013
US financial regulators sue Cyprus-based binary options trading outfit Banc De Binary for serving US customers without proper license.
- Intrade rescue plan offers former customers 50 cents on the dollar
April 5, 2013
Customers of shuttered prediction market Intrade are offered 50 cents on the dollar as part of proposed plan to rescue the company.
- Intrade audit revealed former owner received $2.6m in questionable payments
March 12, 2013
An audit of prediction market Intrade revealed $2.6m in payments made to former owner Brian Delaney without sufficient documentation.
- Prediction market Intrade shuts down due to possible ‘financial irregularities’
March 11, 2013
Dublin-based prediction market Intrade abruptly shuts down following possible 'financial irregularities'; investigation underway.
Augur project bets on future
August 13, 2015