Tag Archives: Point of Consumption Tax
- POC tax increase a bad omen, and no surprise at all
October 23, 2018
The tax increases won’t crush UK gambling companies, at least not directly. But what is more concerning is the direction that they signify.
- Aussie bookies hit with 8% point of consumption tax in Victoria
September 21, 2018
The Australian state of Victoria approves legislation imposing 8% tax on online sports betting revenue derived from state punters.
- New South Wales to impose 10% online sports betting point of consumption tax
June 13, 2018
The Australian state of New South Wales will impose a 10% tax on online betting revenue derived from NSW punters starting January 1, 2019.
- Point of Consumption Tax strikes again
February 27, 2018
Crown Resorts is fighting a planned 15% POCT for South Australia, Western Australia, and Queensland, which may go Australia-wide.
- Betfair Australasia begs Aussie states for tax relief
February 24, 2018
Betfair Australasia lobbying Australian state governments to scrap or reduce plans to impose 15% online betting point of consumption tax.
- Simon Dunne: Less bonusing, less problems
December 6, 2017
Simon Dunne of Broadway Gaming shares how operators may attract new players and keep the loyal ones without spending much money in bonus.
Craig Wright: Bitcoin Cash’s superiority comes down to fees
October 2, 2017