Tag Archives: pawn shops
- Macau police bust more bogus UnionPay point-of-sale terminals
January 6, 2017
Macau authorities find eight local shops offering illegally modified UnionPay point-of-sale terminals to help fund gambling activity.
- Macau GDP tumbles; pawn shops still processing bogus UnionPay transactions
September 1, 2015
Macau GDP tumbles 26.4% in Q2 to low not seen since 2011; Macau pawn and jewelry shops still processing bogus Unionpay cash advances.
- Macau institutes transit visa restrictions, struggles to nab UnionPay cheats
June 18, 2014
Macau cuts transit visa maximum stay from seven days to five; illegal UnionPay card use crackdown so far amounts to a drop in the bucket.
- Macau casinos double-whammied by debit card and visa crackdowns
May 8, 2014
Macau casino operators get double-whammied by crackdowns on illegal UnionPay debit card mobile devices and travel visas.
- Las Vegas Sands curbs VIP money transfers; pawn shops fuel Macau’s gamblers
January 26, 2013
Las Vegas Sands puts brakes on international money transfers to reassure gaming regulators; Macau pawn shops assist premium mass gamblers
Charges dropped against Calvin Ayre, Bodog and friends
July 14, 2017
Bitcoin money laundering report ignores gambling’s history
January 21, 2018
Hong Kong, Macau now joined by ‘bridge of death’
April 2, 2018