Tag Archives: Paulo Martins Chan
- Beleaguered no more: Macau’s GDP accelerates 10% at start of 2017
May 30, 2017
Macau’s economy grew at a faster pace in the first three quarters of 2017 on the back of solid gaming and tourism growth and a lower comparative base.
- Audit on Macau’s junkets yields mixed results—so far
May 17, 2017
DICJ has started auditing the city's 126 licensed junket operators as mainland China's anti-corruption drive continues.
- Macau junket operator herd continues to thin
January 24, 2017
Macau gaming regulator says number of valid junket operator licenses expected to shrink from 141 in January 2016 to "slightly more than 120."
- New rules for electronic table games in Macau expected in 2017, DICJ says
July 26, 2016
Regulations for Macau’s increasingly popular electronic table games will undergo an overhaul in the coming months.
- Macau casino regulator wants more slot machine revenue, less VIP baccarat
July 14, 2016
Macau gaming regulator Paulo Martins Chan says operators need to close the revenue gap between slot machines and VIP baccarat.
- Casino labor groups back Macau Casino Law revision
July 4, 2016
A plan to amend Macau’s Casino Law gets a big push from at least 11 local associations representing the interests of casino employees.
Stephen Hung abandons floundering Macau hotel project
January 31, 2018
Macau units lift Wynn Resorts Q2 net revenues
July 26, 2017
Hong Kong, Macau now joined by ‘bridge of death’
April 2, 2018
VIP gambling rebound has Macau junkets in expansionist mode
December 8, 2017
Wynn Macau VIP dealer on the lam with $6.1m in stolen chips
January 17, 2018