Tag Archives: paul phua
- Paul Phua hit with conspiracy charge, gov’t says evidence “more than sufficient”
May 14, 2015
US federal prosecutors hit Paul Phua with new conspiracy charge, say he "maintained a leadership role" in illegal online betting operation.
- Defense asks US judge to toss out FBI ruse case against Paul Phua
April 29, 2015
Paul Phua's defense attorneys ask judge to dismiss the illegal sports betting charges filed against him after evidence was tossed.
- Judge tosses FBI evidence against accused online bookie Paul Phua
April 17, 2015
US District Judge Andrew Gordon rules that the FBI violated Paul Phua's privacy in obtaining evidence of illegal sports betting activity.
- Paul Phua has no criminal record in Malaysia says Home Minister Zahid
April 10, 2015
Home Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi yesterday denied reports that Wei Seng “Paul Phua” has been convicted in Malaysia.
- Darren Phua heading home to Malaysia after plea deal on sports betting charges
March 7, 2015
Darren Phua is headed home to Malaysia after plea deal with prosecutors over online sports betting operation; Paul Phua still fighting.
- Paul Phua’s homesick son Darren to plead guilty to illegal betting if he can go home
March 5, 2015
Paul Phua's son Darren reaches plea deal with prosecutors re online sports betting charges that will allow him to return to Malaysia.
FBI raids offices of Saipan casino operator Imperial Pacific
March 31, 2017
Saipan gaming regulators insist they’re not corrupt
February 22, 2018