Tag Archives: Olympics
- eSports could become an Olympic sport if LA wins 2024 bid
November 15, 2016
eSports athletes could be battling it out for an Olympic gold medal as early as 2024 after the Chairman of the LA 2024 delegation announced plans to try and make it happen should LA be successful in their bid.
- Malaysia to detain illegal gambling operators for two years without trial
May 6, 2016
Malaysia announces plan to detain illegal gambling operators up to two years without trial; bad dad gets triads to cane gambling son's feet.
- Baseball gambling snafu leaves Tokyo Olympic execs reeling
October 23, 2015
Giants President Hiroshi Kubo formally apologized after it was found out that two more pitchers from his team gambled on baseball games.
- Japan lawmakers set to resubmit casino bill; report suggests no chance of casinos in Tokyo, Osaka by 2020
January 23, 2015
Japanese lawmakers are set to resubmit a casino bill; Union Gaming Research report suggests no chance of casinos in Tokyo, Osaka by 2020.
- Russian PM ponders casino zone in Sochi
December 19, 2013
Russia prime minister Dmitry Medvedev is proposing to turn Sochi into a casino zone to offset costs incurred by the 2014 Winter Olympics.
- Casino operators begin drawing up Japan casino plans after Olympics announcement
September 9, 2013
Apart from LVS, MGM, Caesars, and SJM Holdings, other operators already looking at Japan include Wynn Resorts, Genting, and Melco Crown.
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017
Bitcoin catches attention of American Airlines, AT&T
August 9, 2017
Japanese gamblers face restrictions on casino visits
March 28, 2018