Tag Archives: Olympic games
- eSports could become an Olympic sport, but it needs a governing body
October 30, 2017
A statement from a meeting of Olympic stakeholders in Lausanne this weekend revealed that the Olympic movement would consider including esports.
- Nevada sportsbooks look forward to Olympic betting but don’t expect windfall
July 22, 2016
Nevada casino sportsbooks have two weeks left in which to prepare to take their first Olympic Games wagers in 16 years.
- Nevada regulators vote to legalize Olympic betting
February 27, 2015
Nevada Gaming Commission unanimously approve allowing state sportsbooks to offer betting on Olympic events.
- The World Cup and Olympic Games trigger debate on sports integrity and regulation of gaming in Brazil
August 22, 2013
Sports integrity, security of the games and consumer protections will be at the heart of the many debates planned for the Congress.
- ‘Summer of sport’ boosts Betfair’s Q1, but poker, casino fall and CFO quits
September 11, 2012
'Summer of sports' boosts Betfair Q1 revenues by 13%, but poker and casino fall and CFO Stephen Morana announces departure.
- Italian Olympic betting beats France; Betway sponsoring Mirror Fantasy Football
August 20, 2012
Italians spend big on Olympics; Betway sponsor Mirror Fantasy Footy
Italy’s online gambling market now second largest in Europe
April 12, 2017
Malta suspends Mafia-linked Phoenix online gambling license
February 2, 2018
Malta Gaming Authority ‘sandbox test’ of cryptocurrency impact
September 27, 2017
Italy’s Serie A football league suspends 1xbet sponsorship deal
November 15, 2017
Italy’s online sports betting growth outpacing retail wagers
September 8, 2017