Tag Archives: Northern Marianas
- Northern Marianas governor blocks poker bill
May 30, 2018
Northern Marianas Gov. Ralph Torres has rejected a bill that will allow the operations of poker arcades in select Saipan villages.
- Saipan licenses its first junket operator
September 20, 2016
Saipan's only casino can now consider adding junket operations after the Commonwealth Casino Commission approves Korean junket.
- Tinian Dynasty set to close this September
September 4, 2015
The Tinian Dynasty Hotel and Casino is set to shut its operations, due to a lack of guests and cash flow following Typhoon Soudelor.
- Saipan firm eyes $4B casino in Northern Mariana; Reef Casino directors support Fung acquisition
October 23, 2014
Saipan Jinghua Investment Inc. thrown its name into the hat of interested companies vying for a chance to score a casino project on Tinian.
- Caesars inks Incheon casino JV; Korean investor laments Marianas casino holdup
January 24, 2013
Caesars Ent. enters into JV with Indonesia's Lippo Group for casino project in Incheon, South Korea; developer laments Rota casino holdup
- Saipan’s House of Representatives approves gambling bill
August 25, 2010
Saipan's House of Representatives approves casino gambling bill, but Sen. Pete Reyes vows to kill bill when it reaches Senate floor.
Gionee CEO lost $144m gambling at Imperial Pacific casino
November 29, 2018
FBI raids offices of Saipan casino operator Imperial Pacific
March 31, 2017
Wynn Macau VIP dealer on the lam with $6.1m in stolen chips
January 17, 2018