Tag Archives: New York
- New York poised to dethrone Nevada as top US sports betting market: report
June 28, 2018
The state of New York is set to overtake Nevada and become the largest sports betting market in the U.S.
- Rhode Island now a signature away from legal sports betting
June 21, 2018
Rhode Island's governor will sign the state's budget -- and its sports betting component -- into law by Friday; New York betting will wait for next year.
- New Jersey’s first day of legal wagering; New York betting bill passage doubtful
June 14, 2018
New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy places his state's first legal sports bet at Monmouth Park sportsbook; New York betting bill passage appears doubtful.
- New Jersey scoffs at leagues’ pursuit of integrity/royalty fees
June 5, 2018
New Jersey sports betting hearing sees legislators openly mock sports leagues for requesting cut of sports betting wagers for 'integrity'.
- New York legislators huddle up for late sports betting push
May 31, 2018
New York legislators huddle up for a late push to approve sports betting bills before session concludes June 20; Pennsylvania drafts temporary betting regs.
- MGM takes a bite of the Big Apple with Empire City purchase
May 30, 2018
MGM Resorts has acquired the Empire City Casino’s casino and racetrack for $850 million.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017
Typhoon Hato delays MGM Cotai opening until January 29
September 29, 2017
MGM reopen Mandalay Bay 32nd floor, prep MGM Cotai launch
January 10, 2018